County promotes new online program for small businesses
National Small Business Week is celebrated by the USA Small Business Administration the first week of May. Whiteside County Economic Development is joining in support for small businesses by promoting a new online program the county’s economic development office is using to help small businesses called SizeUpWhitesideCountyIL, according to a news release.
The service is available free to all local businesses on the Whiteside County Economic Development website. here. SizeUpWhitesideCountyIL provides market research and business intelligence so businesses in Whiteside County can make data-driven decisions using analytics that were previously only available to large companies, the statement said. .
Whiteside County Economic Development is committed to helping local small businesses start and grow successfully through the support of programs and services such as SizeUpWhitesideCountyIL.
Small businesses are essential to economic health:
- 99.9% of all businesses are small businesses.
- Small businesses create 425% more net new jobs than large businesses.
- Local businesses contribute more to the economy through the “economic multiplier” of increased dollar spending in the local economy.
- Half of the national gross domestic product comes from small businesses.
- New businesses are currently starting up at the fastest pace in 15 years.
“We want all of our small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs to be able to make informed, data-driven decisions so they can be more successful and reduce the risk of any further business failures,” said Gary Camarano, Whiteside County Director of Economic Development.
SizeUpWhitesideCountyIL helps local businesses by providing industry data analysis that allows them to:
- Rank their industry’s performance on multiple metrics.
- Discover new potential customers and suppliers.
- Target advertising and marketing to ideal customers.
- Analyze the demographics of nearby customers and potential employees.
Aspiring entrepreneurs can use the data to test, verify or reject hypotheses that will allow them to develop a better business plan for opening their business and reduce the risk of failure by better preparing them with information from quality.
“Small businesses are the economic foundation and engine of our local economy. We are committed to supporting them with the information they need to be more successful. We help level the playing field for business by providing our local businesses with market research and business information that is typically only available to large, well-funded companies,” Camarano said.
The software that powers SizeUpWhitesideCountyIL has won the U.S. Department of Commerce’s top award for a business application that helps U.S. businesses be more competitive, improve success, drive prosperity and create more jobs, says the press release.
Whiteside County Economic Development promotes and supports the county region and our businesses; it provides guidance with incentives and financial resources; and encourages networking opportunities.